YHA Lake Tekapo & Our Dog Friday Cafe & Bar
Work in stunning Lake Tekapo with accommodation included!
YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel and Our Dog Friday licensed Café & Bar is open and we are seeking energetic and motivated people to join our team. We are looking for a Chef Assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for preparing and delivering breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items to café patrons.
Starting in the New Year, this position is fixed term until early May working a minimum 35 hours per week. For the right candidate this is an ideal chance to create your mark in the fastest growing tourism region in New Zealand, while gaining experience as a Chef in a supportive team environment.
You will have:
- National Certificate (Level 2 or 3) in Cookery or equivalent qualification or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience as a cook or kitchen hand, working part of a team of kitchen staff to produce consistently high quality food
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
Desirable criteria include:
- Duty Managers Certificate (desirable)
- Food safety certificate
Your package will include:
- A salary befitting your qualifications and experience
- Remote location allowance
- Shared accommodation in Tekapo
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!