Cafe / Bar Supervisor
YHA Lake Tekapo
Work in stunning Lake Tekapo with accommodation included!
YHA Lake Tekapo hostel and Our Dog Friday Café & Bar is open and we are seeking energetic and motivated people to join our team. We are looking for an experienced Café / Bar Supervisor who wants to be part of this exciting venture!
You will be responsible for overseeing front-of-house operations of the café and bar, recruiting and training front-of-house (café and bar) staff and preparing rosters. For the right candidate this is an ideal chance to be part of the fastest growing tourism region in New Zealand.
You will have:
- Duty Managers Certificate
- Previous experience in a café or bar, managing a team of staff to provide a consistent high standard of service
- Barista certificate or previous experience as a barista
- Experience training and mentoring staff
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work within budgets and make financially sound decisions.
- Good understanding of NZ Food Safety regulations
- NZ residency or the ability to work in NZ..
Desirable criteria include:
- A focus on local and sustainable food
- Managers Certificate, or at least six months experience working in a licensed venue in NZ
Your package will include:
- A salary befitting your qualifications and experience
- Remote location allowance
- Shared accommodation in Lake Tekapo
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
Please apply through our careers website - www.yhacareers.co.nz