Customer Services Consultant
YHA New Zealand National Office
YHA New Zealand is the leading provider of backpacker accommodation with a nationwide network of hostels.
We have an opportunity for a new team member within our Customer Services Team at our National Office based in Christchurch. This is a contact centre role, dealing with customers primarily via phone and emails.
Our team is responsible for:
- Accommodation & group bookings, both domestically and internationally
- Itinerary management for free independent travellers (FIT's ) and groups travelling in New Zealand
- Package & activity sales
- Membership sales and administration
This position will include all four components. We are looking for someone with a great attitude, initiative, attention to detail and superior customer service skills.
To be successful in this role you will require skills and experience in the following;
- Customer service experience, preferably in the tourism industry
- Prior hotel reservations and/or call centre experience
- Travel sales experience
- Excellent English communication skills both written and verbal
- An interest in and personal experience of international and domestic travel
This position to start early January 2020, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend and public holiday work required.
We are proud of our values and our commitment to sustainability. We are looking for someone who works in a way that reflects the integrity, respect, excellence and passion we embody. In return we offer a supportive team environment and great employee benefits such as discounted travel insurance and staff volunteer days.