YHA Lake Tekapo
Hostel Assistant wanted for our YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel! With accommodation included!
Our brand new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel and Our Dog Friday licensed Café and Bar is open. We have an exciting opportunity available for hardworking individual with a passion for customer service and attention to detail to join an amazing team. This is a full time permanent position.
As a Hostel Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring our guests have the highest possible quality of stay. You will contribute to the efficient and effective provision of clean, comfortable, safe and secure accommodation for YHA members and guests.
Main duties of the role are:
- Ensure all guests are welcomed, treated courteously at all times and given assistance or information as required.
- Administration and front desk duties, including the use of our Guest Centrix reservation system
- Promote and sell travel and activity products and advice to assist guests with onward travel arrangements
- Complete assigned cleaning duties to ensure the hostel is an immaculately clean environment for guests
- Follow and strive to improve daily environmental practices in place in the hostel
- Observe all YHA safe work procedures and instructions
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Well-developed relationship management skills with a proven track record of achieving results focused solutions
- Ability to use MS Office applications
- Hostel / Accommodation experience
- Tourism industry experience
Your package will include:
- A wage befitting your experience
- Remote location allowance
- Accommodation in Lake Tekapo (shared)
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
We operate hostels throughout New Zealand offering our guests more than just a bed and our employees more than just a job.