Chef wanted for exciting new Burger Bar in Lake Tekapo
Our Dog Friday is a new licensed Burger Cafe and Bar in Lake Tekapo. As part of the new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel, the 40 seater cafe/ bar caters for YHA guests, visitors to Lake Tekapo and locals and is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as take-away meals.
We are looking for an experienced Chef who wants to be part of this exciting venture. You will be responsible for preparing and delivering breakfast, lunch and dinner menu items to cafe patrons and assume supervisory duties of kitchen staff in the absence of a reporting Manager.
Establishing Our Dog Friday as a prominent food and drink option for YHA guests, other travellers and locals, you will ensure the Food Safety Policy and Food Hygiene Management are followed. For the right candidate this is an ideal chance to create your mark in the fastest growing tourism region in New Zealand. We have a fixed term summer season position available, starting mid October 2019 and ending 30 April 2020.
You will have:
- National Certificate (Level 2 or 3) in Cookery or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience as a chef or cook, working as part of a team of kitchen staff to produce consistently high quality food.
- Well-developed relationship management skills with a prover track record of achieving results focussed solutions.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications
Desirable criteria include:
- Duty Managers Certificate (desirable)
- Food safety certificate
Your package will include:
- A salary befitting your qualifications and experience
- Remote location allowance
- Accommodation in Lake Tekapo in the management shared apartment
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
YHA New Zealand is a leading name in hospitality and tourism. We are proud to be a values-based organisation committed to excellent customer service, sustainable practices and developing our employees. We operate hostels throughout New Zealand offering our guests more than just a bed and our employees more than just a job.