YHA Lake Tekapo
Hostel Cleaner wanted for our new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel!
Our brand new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel and Our Dog Friday licensed Cafe and Bar is open!. We are seeking an energetic and motivated team member to join our housekeeping team. We have a permanent position available working 32.50 hours per week. There will also be an opportunity to be trained and learn our front desk reception operations as well!
As a Hostel Cleaner you will be responsible for ensuring the hostel is an immaculately clean environment. You will contribute to the efficient and effective provision of clean, comfortable, safe and secure accommodation for YHA members and guests.
Main duties of the role are:
- Follow systems and processes to ensure cleaning schedules are adhered to
- Completing cleaning tasks to a high standard as per cleaning schedules including:
- Cleaning and make up of rooms
- Cleaning corridors
- Cleaning common areas
- Cleaning bathrooms and toilets
- Cleaning kitchen (s)
- Cleaning of the staff accommodation
You will have:
- Commercial cleaning experience (desirable)
- An eye for detail
- A commitment to excellent external and internal customer service
Your package will include:
- A wage befitting your experience
- Remote location allowance
Accommodation in Lake Tekapo (shared) may be available.
To be successful in this role you will be a person who leads by example, has initiative and previous commercial cleaning experience, preferably within the accommodation sector.
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
We operate hostels throughout New Zealand offering our guests more than just a bed and our employees more than just a job
Please apply through our careers website - www.yhacareers.co.nz
Applications close 01 September 2019