YHA Lake Tekapo
YHA New Zealand is a leading name in hospitality and tourism. We are proud to be a values-based organisation committed to excellent customer service, sustainable practices and developing our employees
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and motivated person to fill the position of Assistant Manager at our brand new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel.
This is a fixed term parental leave cover starting early August 2019 until October 2020.
Assisting the Hostel Manager, you will ensure YHA Lake Tekapo is fully supported, effectively managed operationally, commercially and philosophically in line with YHA's strategic directives.
Main duties of the role are:
- Customer service
- Team leadership
- Guest enquiries
- Reservations including the management of group reservations
- The smooth day to day running of the hostel.
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership
- Experience in coaching and/or supervision and performance management
- Well-developed relationship management skills with a proven track record of achieving results focussed solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Your package will include:
- A salary befitting your qualifications and experience
- Remote location allowance
- Accommodation in Lake Tekapo in the management shared apartment
To be successful in this role you will be a person who leads by example, has initiative, previous experience in a position of responsibility and accommodation experience. You will be able to confidentially lead the team and be responsible for the day to day operation of the hostel during the Hostel Managers rostered days off.
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
We operate hostels throughout New Zealand offering our guests more than just a bed and our employees more than just a job.