Te Nikau Retreat is a unique accommodation business situated among the native bush bordering on New Zealand West Coast. It offers guests a chance to relax in a truly spectacular environment. Located only 3km from the famous Pancake rocks, nestled between the coastline and the Paparoa National Park. The business has a strong sustainability focus and has been a West Coast institution for over 20 years.
We pride ourselves on offering a unique, authentic and fun experience for the domestic and international travellers that stay with us. Our goal is to provide an unforgettable experience, like a home away from home.
Our intelligent, committed and welcoming team are the key to our success. Te Nikau has been experiencing significant and sustained growth since opening, making it an exciting time to join the business and our growing family.
There is an opening in our team for a passionate managing couple to oversee Te Nikau Retreat. You are provided with on-site accommodation and are responsible for the daily running of the retreat.
Start Date: April 2019
Our Ideal Candidates:
- Have experience working with guest services in a hotel reservations / front office role.
- Are charismatic, full of energy, have an ability to think on their feet and use their initiative.
- Have a great sense of humour and love to get the very best out of the people around them.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, innovative, able to multi-task and prepared to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in no matter where the work needs to be done.
- Share our core values and are interested in building community and a sustainable future.
- Wants to be a part of a company that values people and place, and has an international repertoire.
- Enjoy nature, the outdoors, and living in a remote location along one of New Zealand most stunning coastlines.
- The ideal candidate's responsibilities will include the following:
- Receiving and processing guest reservations
- Managing direct and in-direct booking sources
- Oversight of the presentation of the site
- Managing availability of accommodation stock
- Communicating with guests pre-arrival, and post-stay
- Hosting guests during their stay
- Room operations systems and processes
- Brand and marketing contributions
- Assisting with community building initiatives
- Daily reporting, reconciliation and cash handling as required
- Managing and recruiting staff
Skills and Experience:
- Suitable experience in front line tourism/hospitality role in a fast paced environment
- Any relevant business management, tourism, marketing qualifications
- Experience within hospitality
- Strong communications skills
- Possess a thorough understanding of hosting
- Strategic thinking
- High level guest and service orientation
- Ability to deal with unanticipated problems, resolve issues and troubleshooting within a service environment
- Ability to deal effectively with demanding people and generate trust and empathy
- Ability to contribute to a culture of positivity, excellence, innovation and integrity
- Ability to foster community and create an inclusive environment