YHA Lake Tekapo
Our brand new YHA Lake Tekapo Hostel and Our Dog Friday licensed Cafe and Bar is scheduled to open early 2019. We have some exciting opportunities available for hardworking individuals with a passion for customer service and attention to detail to join an amazing team with an expected start date early March 2019.
As a Night Supervisor you will be responsible for ensuring our guests have the highest possible quality of stay. You will ensure hostel and cafe security is maintained at all times ensuring guest safety and comfort by monitoring activity in the hostel and cafe. Contributing to the efficient and effective provision of clean, comfortable, safe and secure accommodation for YHA members and guests you will act as our Head Fire Warden / Building Warden in the event of an evacuation and remain on-site for the duration of your shift.
Main duties of the role are:
- Ensure all guests are welcomed, treated courteously at all times and given assistance or information as required.
- Administration and front desk duties, including the use of our Guest Centrix reservation system
- Complete cleaning tasks in the hostel and café to a high standard as per night cleaning schedules
- Ensure all reasonable precautions are taken for the safety of hostel guests, staff and their property
- Liaise directly with Emergency Services if required
- Follow and strive to improve daily environmental practices in place in the hostel
- Observe all YHA safe work procedures and instructions
You will have:
- Demonstrated experience in customer service
- Experience working by yourself, preferably in an overnight role
- Well-developed relationship management skills with a proven track record of achieving results focused solutions
- Ability to use MS applications
- Current first Aid Certificate (desirable)
Your package will include:
- A wage befitting your experience
- Remote location allowance
- Accommodation in Lake Tekapo (shared)
If you enjoy the rural lifestyle and easy access to the great outdoors but also want to work in a fast-paced tourism venture, then this role is for you!
We operate hostels throughout New Zealand offering our guests more than just a bed and our employees more than just a job.